Have you colored in a million coloring books now to relax here is another way to create art & relaxation …..
“A few years ago, I was stressed-out working 60 hours a week with barely enough time to eat lunch. I felt like my creative soul was being crushed – I yearned to find an outlet to express myself, even if it was for only half an hour a day. Everything changed when I discovered my passion for diamond art! I found myself creating original mosaics in a matter of days. It was fun and meditative . . . and yet, I wanted more . . .”
— Diamond Art Club founder Angie Shehaj
I wanted to ask some of my own questions about this interesting way of relaxing :
- How long does it take to create one of these fun work of arts?
This depends on the size of the painting, and how fast one works to get it complete! Smaller paintings sized 8.6×8.6in can take around 10 hours (meaning approximately 1-3 days). For a larger painting with a pasting area of 16×20″, it will take around 30-40 hours as your time permits (at 5 hours per day, then that would be 7-10 days).
- Who created this concept ?
The original creator of Diamond Art is unknown, however, it first became popular in China in 2014 when cross-stitch started to wane due to its long completion time. For example, a 16″x20″ cross stitch is 46,080 stitches, and at 3.3 seconds per stitch, it would take around 232 hours. Diamond Art results are not only much faster, more addicting and less tedious, but also more attractive.
3. What is Diamond Art exactly and how do you do it ?
Full process can be found here: https://www.diamondartclub.com/blogs/diamond-painting/what-is-diamond-art-painting
Like a combination of cross-stitch and paint-by-numbers, diamond painting is the new creative hobby that’s taking the crafting world by storm. You simply apply colorful resin rhinestones to richly-pigmented canvas paintings. Diamond Art Club uses 100% resin diamonds that have more shine, with 13 different light-reflecting surfaces for an eye-catching finish, whether you choose the square shape or the round-shape. The diamonds are a true color-match to the original artwork, so you get the painting of your dreams when you’re done.
Creating your diamond art painting is a straightforward, three-step process:
- Dip the tip of applicator tool into the strip of wax
- Pick up each diamond by pressing the applicator to diamond’s rounded, faceted side
- Apply each diamond to the adhesive canvas template, placing it based on the color-coded chart
The result? Visually dazzling, mosaic diamond artworks that sparkle, shimmer, and shine.
- What are the age brackets for use ?
Diamond Art club is recommended for ages 8 to 80+. Ages 8 or under do require adult supervision.
5. How do you design on the artwork designs ?
We have in-house graphic designers that take the original artwork, divide them one-by-one into thousands of small dots of color, and then match the color of the diamond to a symbol. There are anywhere between 15,000 to 35,000 drills per painting.
6. Is there a theme to the artwork designs?
Diamond Art Club brings the most unique and inspired designs to its customers by offering a wide-range of collections including licensed artwork from popular artists such as JoJoe’s Art, Patrice Murciano, Mandie Manzano, and Claudia McKinney. Diamond Art Club features different design categories on the website that are available, and you can filter by collection. eg: animals, abstract, nature, etc., so there’s something for everyone.
How is this eco – friendly?
All Diamond Art Club glues and inks are 100% toxin-free. And everything is recyclable except the box shrink wrap. Please note, the cellophane cover is currently being replaced by a new recyclable paper that is easier to tear up as well. The canvas, diamonds, paper box and toolkits are all recyclable.
8. What should someone do after they create one of these creations ?
Frame them in their home, or gift them to a loved one.
9. Why is this the newest craze?
After a stressful long day at work, Diamond Art allows people to relieve stress, relax, lose track of time and also feel accomplished when they finished their masterpiece because it’s the fruit of labor of love. Diamond Art for adults can be extremely therapeutic and can help generate wellness, quietness, mindfulness and the exact same benefits which meditation imparts on the brain.
There’s nothing more relaxing and satisfying than creating something beautiful and unique by hand. When our founder, Angie, discovered diamond art, and followed her creative passion in the evenings after a stressful day at work, she quickly became hooked – and hungered for more.
Angie’s embrace of this craft — a blend of cross-stitch pattern and paint-by-number techniques– led her from hobbyist to businesswoman when she realized there was a need for a different kind of diamond art kit – one that satisfied her desire for works of high-quality art – like the painters and designers she followed on Instagram. Her quest? To license the work of popular designers and artists – and to source the most light-reflecting diamonds, premium canvases, and toxin free glues — all, to help make these amazing designs sparkle and shine.
That’s why she started Diamond Art Club in the summer of 2018. To elevate your creativity and craft to true art. Whether you’re a lifelong artist or a newbie, you’ll find a Diamond Art Club Kit that suits your abilities or interests. The process is fun, easy, and relaxing. (No wonder it’s gaining popularity with teens, millennials, moms, and more!)
And when you’re finished? You have a colorful work of art that sparkles, shimmers, and brightens every room. Whether you’re making art for yourself or for a gift, Angie’s Diamond Art Club ensures that your project will be lasting – and unforgettable.
Diamond Art Club Quality Promise
- Unmatched Offerings: Designer Collections: Diamond Art Club™ brings the most unique and inspired designs to its customers by offering a wide-range of collections including licensed artwork from popular artists such as Patrice Murciano, Mandie Manzano, and Claudia McKinney.
- A Customized Canvas: Each pattern is designed on a patented high quality 100% velvet tarpaulin fabric that folds out smooth, without wrinkles. It’s also 100% biodegradable and waterproof! Great for finishing and framing.
- Premium Diamonds: Our 100% resin diamonds have more shine, with 13 different light-reflecting surfaces for an eye-catching finish, whether you choose the square shape or the round-shape.
- Color Matching:Unique production makes our paintings more vivid, with noticeable sparkle. The diamonds are a true color-match to the original artwork, so you get the painting of your dreams when you’re done.
- Skin-safe, eco-friendly materials: Feel good about what you’re handling for hours at a time. Diamond Art Club glues and inks are 100% toxin-free.
- High Quality Materials: Meticulously designed, manufactured, and packaged, each kit contains: a premium canvas, color-coded diamonds, diamond applicator pen, applicator wax and tray. The diamonds stay in place, even in humidity. And the permanent printing is scratch and fade-resistant. Your finished design will last for up to 15 years!
- Customer First: Shipping is available to most countries Worldwide, from the United States. Love it or your money-back. Complimentary insurance for Accidental Damage & Missing Diamonds Protection.